2011-11-14

Quick thoughts after EC 2011

First of all – Sorry for not doing any live-blogging. I simply didn’t find the time for it. I had a great time and now that I’m back home I’d like to list some things that have struck my mind:

  • It was great to meet Jeff Thompson (The Lasombra) in person and express my gratitude for his great site and it’s value to the community. I was lucky to play two games with him during the event and he was a really nice bloke.
  • I like a good deal or two on a table and even an occasional deal breaking now and then but people are sometimes talking far too much about things making tables time out. For some strange reason the players who gets 0.5 victory points are overrepresented in this out-of-my-head statistics. I have rarely experienced this in the Swedish gaming climate and I have to let it sink in for yet some days before I draw any conclusions.
  • You can never relax (or stress things) and let yourself make any mistakes at all in this damned game. You will read more about this and it’s bitter consequences in the upcoming tournament reports.
  • There are so many nice people and such a great atmosphere that I’ll try my best to go next year as well.

I’ll give you three tournament reports from the three different tournaments I attend as soon as I get the time to write them so check back and read about some really exciting games.

No comments:

Post a Comment