2011-11-07

Getting ready for the EC

So, it’s closing in on me and I am somewhat prepared when it comes to everything else then playing. I am free from work, all family-related are sorted, I got flight tickets and some money in my pocket. When it comes to playing I have four decks more or less ready and I am currently theorizing around them in what I call “the Vignes-test”.

The Vignes-test is simply imagining having the classic Edward Vignes deck as a predator, doing nothing to you for four rounds and then bleeding you with Dominate with four vampires round 5. All my decks have to be able to have a reasonable chance of handling that kind of predator and still have a chance of winning. Of course there are several ways to deal with it but if you can’t the deck simply is not good enough. Four dominate-bleeds round 5 might sound much but seriously that is what the Vignes-deck, and many other archetypes, can perform if they work well.

Do I need to tell you that my decks doesn’t do any well at all in these tests? Fortunately me and Isak have an optimizing session scheduled for tomorrow so there might still be some hope.

I’ll try and live-blog a little from the event and hope meeting as many of you there as possible!

vignesfailed

2 comments:

  1. Please make some sort of report!
    What the Swedes played (after the tournaments, of course), how it went for you guys, etc.

    BTW, Ur-Shulgi rules, with 2 more copies of Mind Rape, if you know what I mean. ;)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I'm writing tournament reports as I use to but I'm not keeping track on what what players that I don't face play (Swedes or not).

    ReplyDelete